easily amused

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

When to drink

So the situation is I'm in London (check out Team Khateer for other stuff on this).

If you forgot/don't know drinking culture in Europe is far different from how it is in America. The question you have in America is "where can i drink outside?", in Europe its more "where can't I drink outside?".

People stand outside the pubs drinking pints. I admit I don't totally understand pub/cafe culture in Europe (like ordering to go, etc.-it can get kinda complicated), but I do like the standing around in the street and drinking a glass of whatever and chatting.

So today me and Frank are walking around and we come to a sign that said something to the effect "Police might ask you to stop drinking in this area". It was kinda funny considering seeing people empty wine bottles while sitting on benches. Not the secretive public drinking you do in America, just slamming down 750ml of wine people watching. Unfortunately for the alcoholics, the fascists are now saying you might now able to possibly drink in some certain area. Maybe.

Its amusing.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger S. Seikel said...

Okay.. so i'm going to be active again. because its time to be active.

I dont like the european culture of not having bars.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home