easily amused

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Its a stereotype because its true

Last night I was talking to my friend (til freaking 4am) who is leaving to teach in South Korea on Sunday. My hopes of making out with a Vietnamese girl (again, I brag) were dashed since she was too busy to come to Norman, but the conversation was pretty fantastic.

Now notice how I mentioned she was Viet, thats important to the post. During the conversation we were exchanging stories about traveling and studying abroad. She had gone to Vietnam on a family vacation a few summers back. Yeah, yeah, there's the communism and such, but what of to eat?

Dog, if you want.

I was thinking maybe every so often someone just grabbed a stray and through it into a pot of pho. Nay, I tell you I was too naive. The reason her family was "terrified" of possibly being served dog was that people in Vietnam actually raise dogs to eat. Like how someone might have a bunch of chickens with the intention of butchering them for a family meal, ditto goes about canines in the land of the Viet.

Even though "Asian", or more correctly Oriental, is still fairly trendy I don't think this will catch on.

She also said she had to had her tooth pulled in Vietnam, dentistry is something I can go without in the Second World.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home