easily amused

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Viva Las Vegas

This past weekend, I was in Las Vegas. I had never been there before, and was invited to a wedding for a friend from high school. So I flew out on Thursday, and the festivities started.

Thursday night was the bachelorette party, which was ridiculously expensive for not having any strippers. I'm just not used to spending a hundred bucks for dinner, call me cheap. Anyhoo, the evening consisted of dinner, drinks, and dancing. All good fun.

On Friday, there was a Texas Hold 'Em tournament for people invited to the wedding. All in all, I think 20 people participated in this event. And I beat each and every one of them, giving me a cool 300 bucks. The next night, I went to a poker room to see if I was still lucky. I bought $100 worth of chips and sat down at a table. Of course, every person was male, so they immediately looked at me and thought, "Here's some easy money." I was patient, and took them for $450.

Then on my way home, my flight got bumped and so I received a $400 travel voucher. So basically, I got paid to go on vacation, and paid for another flight. Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket.

Oh yeah, the wedding was nice too.

1 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger S. Seikel said...

[IMG]http://i5.tinypic.com/6fjyg6h.jpg[/IMG]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home